About University of Geneva
Founded in 1559, the University of Geneva (UNIGE) is one of Europe’s leading universities. Devoted to research, education and dialogue, the UNIGE shares the international calling of its host city, Geneva, a centre of international and multicultural activities with a venerable cosmopolitan tradition.
About Course on Children’s Human Rights
Drawing on the contributions of several academic disciplines including law, psychology, sociology, history, educational and health sciences, economy and anthropology, an interdisciplinary approach guides the student into a selection of critical issues concerning children’s rights. Participants will gain insight relative to the development of this specific human rights category, as well as to the evolution of the challenges faced by children over time and society’s efforts to respond. Successful international strategies and programs promoting children’s rights will be highlighted, as well as the role of key actors involved in international organizations working in this field. This open online course provides an overview of the most important features of children’s human rights. A central portion of the MOOC will consist of a presentation of the international and regional standards on children’s rights and the related international and regional judicial and quasi-judicial bodies designed to ensure their implementation.
- International standards and monitoring systems
- The history of children’s rights in the context of human rights
- Interdisciplinary Children’s Rights Studies
- Juvenile justice
- Violence against children
- Children’s right to participation
- Children’s rights and global health
- Flexible deadlines- Reset deadlines in accordance to your schedule.
- Shareable Certificate- Earn a Certificate upon completion
- 100% online- Start instantly and learn at your own schedule.
- Approx. 11 hours to complete
Note: The online course is FREE and you can enrol anytime. However, to get a certified, there will be a nominal fee.
- Nirma University’s Certificate Course on Law of the Sea and Maritime Law: Apply by Nov 15
- Online Certificate Courses by Enhelion on Contract Drafting [70% off and FREE Courses]
- Online Certificate Courses by Enhelion: Enrolments Open! [70% off on Online Courses]
- Online Certificate Courses by Enhelion: Enrolments Open!
- National Workshop on Drafting, Pleading and Conveyancing by Alliance School of Law [Oct 9]