Join 3-day FREE Bootcamp on ”how to kickstart your career as a corporate lawyer” on 12-14 June 2021 at 6-9PM.
Do you want to be a corporate lawyer? Do you want to work for top corporate law firms, such as Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas, Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas, AZB & Partners, Trilegal, Luthra & Luthra, Khaitan, Talwar Thakore and Associates, Pathak and Associates etc.?
Do you want to be an in-house counsel in a large global conglomerate, or work in new-age companies such as Ola, Make My Trip, Google, Oyo, Amazon, Flipkart, Zomato, Paytm, Cred and others?
Do you want to be an independent practitioner or a freelancer, or start your own law practice?
Do you want to perform remote work and earn three to ten times more than lawyers in your home country? Do you want to work for startups from Silicon Valley?
Do you aspire for big roles at companies and envision having a seat at the table someday?
Have you always wanted to cater to international clients and enter into cross-border transactions but did not know where to start from?
Don’t let the following blunders ruin your career
- Expecting seniors to teach you in internships or jobs
- Waiting for pandemic to get over
- Finding a specialist who can help you upgrade your practice and get clients
- Believing that moving abroad or securing a foreign LLM will solve all your problems
- Not taking action to build your career for any other reason
Some of the topics we will cover:
- What are the benefits of learning business laws today for lawyers and law students?
- Why do 90% of lawyers fail to get jobs in big corporate law firms?
- What skills must a lawyer possess which will help them get jobs in big companies in in-house counsel roles?
- How much can I earn as a corporate lawyer? Is it possible to work on a part-time basis?
- How can litigators secure commercial litigation work?
- What skills do lawyers need to start their own independent legal practice?
- How can you get your first five corporate clients?
- I am a criminal lawyer- how should I switch to corporate law practice? Should I also work on corporate matters and how should I do it?
- I don’t live in a big city like Mumbai, Delhi or Bangalore- is it possible to build a successful corporate law practice?
- What skills should I learn to build a career as a corporate lawyer?
- How to perform freelance remote work for international clients and live anywhere in the world and earn more than tier-1 law firm lawyers?
- Do I need to be good in commerce, finance, accounts to understand corporate law?
- How can a non-NLU student secure a job at a tier-1 law firm?
- How to plan your law school journey so that you secure a PPO before you graduate?
- How to build a track record during law school to secure an in-house counsel job before you graduate?
Who should attend:
- Lawyers who want to work in top law firms or in the corporate practice of boutique law firms,
- Lawyers who aspire to become in-house counsels or shift from their existing work to in-house counsels
- Litigators whose practice is severely hurt by the pandemic and who want to perform corporate work, and also obtain corporate litigation matters to increase their income
- Lawyers who want to build an independent/ freelancing practice or start their own law firm
- Law students who want to secure the best jobs after graduation and create financial safety for themselves